I stumbled across this vinaigrette and made some changes to make it my own. This is hands down one of the best salads and let's be honest, after stuffing ourselves over a weekend, this is exactly what our bodies need.
- 2 cups of lettuce (romaine works best for this)
- Leftover turkey cubed or cut into bite size pieces
- Leftover root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, turnips, sweet potato)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
The preparation is quite simple, blend all the ingredients (minus the turkey and lettuce) until smooth. Toss lettuce and turkey with the vinaigrette and enjoy. You can also throw a few croutons and shredded cheese in there too!